Interested in joining the workshop and an international network of professionals passionate about designing the future university?
Benefit from a €400 discount on the registration fee and book your workshop ticket in combination with your attendance to the University-Industry Interaction Conference. Click on the button for more information:
During this workshop, you will be able to take time, outside of your daily routine, to reflect on your leadership challenges and further develop the skills that are necessary to meet them.
If you are a university manager, leader, administrator, professional in the interface between university and industry, who are seeking improvements in their performance and impact, this workshop is for you.
- Work with a University-Business Cooperation Handbook
- Self-assess your own organization using the UBC Ecosystem Framework
- Design UBC Status Benchmark Report highlighting the key assets and challenges for your institution
- Apply the insights you acquire to your own institution through a Personal Application Project (PAP)
- Learn from a series of global best practice cases
- Tour around the Amsterdam Science Park area including the innovative Start-Up village
- Dinner at one of Amsterdam’s iconic restaurants
As a result of this workshop, participants will have:
- Specific best practice examples from global leaders in university-business cooperation.
- A more holistic understanding of the UBC environment and its challenges.
- Deeper knowledge about the elements contributing to UBC success
- Clarity about the primary areas of focus for your institution
- Direct contribution to your work and organisational objectives
- The ability to broaden your network with like-minded professional facing similar issues.
Prof. Todd Davey
Prof. Dr. Todd Davey has consulted to the European Commission, the Australian Government, the Vietnamese Government and is the author of the book ‘Entrepreneurship at Universities’. Formerly a Senior Manager with Deloitte Australia’s Technology Commercialisation Group and Strategy & Business Development Manager for one of Australia’s fastest growing start-ups, Todd ‘switched sides’ to work within academia. The co-creator of the UBC Ecosystem model, he was the Project Manager of the largest study yet completed into cooperation between European universities and businesses and the Creator of TechAdvance™, an online tool for evaluating technologies. Todd is an Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship at the Institut Mines-Télécom Business School in Paris and a visiting researcher at Imperial College (UK), Technical University of Vienna (AUT) and the University of Adelaide (AUST) in the topics of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Dr. Victoria Galan Muros
Dr. Victoria Galán-Muros is an expert with global knowledge of higher education management, university-business cooperation, collaborative innovation and innovative regions. Currently the Research Director at the Global Institute on Innovation Districts (GIID) and co-founder of the Innovative Futures Institute (IFI), Victoria has established herself as a leading consultant, researcher and policy advisor. Previously a higher education policy analyst at the OECD, Victoria has also worked with the European Commission along with universities and governments in 30+ countries during her time as senior consultant associated at Technopolis Group UK and Director for Policy Affairs at the University-Industry Innovation Network (UIIN). With a PhD in University-Business Cooperation from VU Amsterdam and a MSc in Social Research Methods from the London School of Economics, Victoria has worked within 11 universities in eight countries, delivered 30+ professional workshops internationally, given 50+ speeches as keynote/invited speaker whilst co-authored 40+ publications and 50+ consulting reports